What is ATY’s Scholarship process?
- School, District, or organization MOU
- Application/essay covering:
- Students background
- STREAM focus
- Example of how STREAM impacts their life
- Goals for the future
- Has anyone from family attended higher education?
- What is your legacy?
- Why should they be selected to win
How many students are you impacting?
- In the 2020-2021 school year, we were able to impact 42 students
- In the 2021-2022 school year, we were able to impact 100 students
- In the 2022-2023 school year, we’re looking to impact 100 students
What are your scholarships?
ATY Legacy Scholarship Award and the Gloria Loventhal Humanitarian Award.
How are the scholarship winners determined?
- Essays are read and scored using a consistent mechanism by a group of ATY members.
- Scores are tabulated and top applications are read again and re-scored by different reviewers.
- Winners are stack ranked by score.
How much money is distributed?
TBD for CY22. Last year we proudly funded 41 scholarships for a total of $130K. This year we expect to exceed those numbers and are currently in the process of fundraising.
When are the deadlines?
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm February 27th, 2022
What does STREAM stand for?
Science, Technology, Real World, Engineering/ Entrepreneurship, Arts/Athletics, Mathematics
Why “Real World”?
ATY is made up of individuals from many different disciplines. Several have life skills that span more than one area of STREAM. Real World allows ATY to share experiences that have shaped our careers which don’t apply to a particular STREAM category.
What does your mentorship program consist of and who is invited to participate?
- We offer a monthly Zoom meeting which includes a spotlight presentation by one of our ATY team members (or special guest depending on the topic) along with open Q&A for any top-of-mind topics for our mentees. We keep a welcoming, conversational style to encourage open discussion and feedback.
- We also offer the option for 1:1 or 2:1 (mentee: mentor) deep dive Zoom calls for mentees who have a particular interest area and we have an ATY expert with matching skill/experience.
- We have a policy of inclusion for our mentorship program where winners, applicants and other referrals are welcome to participate.
- Mentorship is a two-way commitment and both mentee and mentor must be committed for a fruitful outcome.